Unallocated partion issue after Win 10 upgrade

vegasjon

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Hello all:
I just performed an upgrade from win 7-64 to Win 10. I had a 128GB SSD with the OS installed and a 4TB Seagate drive broke into two partitions- F and H drives at 2TB each. These were both application partitions only. After the upgrade, only one partition showed up (F) and the (H) is gone. The F drive now shows 1.6TB of unallocated space which I assume was the H drive. Drive manager doesn't let me do anything with it..Anyone else seen this or have a suggestion? Thank for any help you can provide.

Solution
Hi there!
What I ended up having to do was download and run Arcturus from Seagate, which is a virtual partition app- as soon as I ran it the partition became active with the correct name and letter designation.
Hello

As they say, when everything else fails, it is the Command Prompt that is the savior.

You can use the DISKPART command to create partitions. You can learn how to use DISKPART from here.

However, before creating a new partition, if you can, connect your HDD to a different PC and see if the computer is able to detect the partition.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

vegasjon

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi there!
What I ended up having to do was download and run Arcturus from Seagate, which is a virtual partition app- as soon as I ran it the partition became active with the correct name and letter designation.

Solution

Hello again

Can you please share the link to the program so we can help other users too?

Thanks in advance.

vegasjon

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Sure! It looks like a function of the GPT in Win 10. Here is the link:http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/218619en?language=en_US
And the DiskWizard software is http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/discwizard-master-dl/

Hello again

Many thanks for the links. :)

Regards
Vivek

varlar

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

can you please be more specific. I also have the same problem. Did you just launch the program or any other operations? Did you recover your data?