When downgrading to windows 7 from windows 10 computer goes into a loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

natalyax

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
When downgrading to windows 7 from windows 10 computer goes into a infinite loop then hours later my computer goes into system repair. I have a hp compaq 6910p 32 gb 2000 MHz thats from 2009 with no disk. My pc will not start up everytime I go to start windows normally i get the bdos, everytime i try to go into safe mode the Bdos comes up still . i tried some of the methods ive seen on this website all day, none of them worked. can anyone help me out here?

Solution
Hello natalyax

To get to Safe Mode in Windows 10, you can follow the instructions given in the second part of this tutorial. The second part explains how you can boot your Windows 10 PC in Safe Mode externally.

If your Windows takes you to the Repair you computer screen, you may want to reset Windows 10 to factory defaults. You can learn how to do so from this tutorial. Although the tutorial focuses on Windows 8, the process to reset Windows 10 is identical with the exception that in the latter, both Refresh and Reset are named under the Reset section with two options viz. keeping or removing your personal files from the PC. You can choose any one as per your preference.

Hope this helps...
Hello natalyax

To get to Safe Mode in Windows 10, you can follow the instructions given in the second part of this tutorial. The second part explains how you can boot your Windows 10 PC in Safe Mode externally.

If your Windows takes you to the Repair you computer screen, you may want to reset Windows 10 to factory defaults. You can learn how to do so from this tutorial. Although the tutorial focuses on Windows 8, the process to reset Windows 10 is identical with the exception that in the latter, both Refresh and Reset are named under the Reset section with two options viz. keeping or removing your personal files from the PC. You can choose any one as per your preference.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Solution

natalyax

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Hello viveknayyar007,
thanks for your reply but the computer is already re-running on windows 7,
I cannot go to safe mode because the bdos continuously comes up.
any idea how to fix?

Hello again natalyax

If I am getting it right, your Windows 7 is able to boot normally but shows BSOD when you try to get to Safe Mode.

In this case, you may want to restore your Windows 7 to an earlier restore point - probably to the earliest one that is displayed in the list. Here I am assuming that Windows 10 was downgraded to Windows 7.

You can learn how to restore Windows 7 to a restore point from this post.

After restoring, you can then perform the task of your choice.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers!!

natalyax

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
When I go to startup repair it says "Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically" when I go to system restore it says, "No restore points have been created on your computers system drive." when I go to System image recovery it says, "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer." The only solutiom is a hard disk which I do not have and not recieved when given the computer.

Hello again

Did you scan your system for viruses or malware?

If not yet, you can create a bootable rescue disc and run the scanning process externally. You can download an ISO image of BitDefender Bootable Rescue CD from this link, and this link shows how to create a bootable CD.

After booting your PC using the bootable rescue disc, you can perform a system scan and then retry entering the Safe Mode.

Good Luck!!

Zumbo Prime

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi nata,

I'm going through almost the exact same problem myself right now. Downgraded from W10 back to W7, BSOD, repair loop, no available restore points, etc. etc. I tried doing a W7 disc repair too, incompatible. I ended up installing Ubuntu onto a USB drive and booting that from the BIOS, and it worked. I used the "try Ubuntu" option so I don't have to format or install anything. Took me a couple hours finding the right files, getting things set up, etc. since I've never so much as touched Ubuntu before.

I'm currently copying all my files from my C drive over to an external drive while I have access to the files. I started a thread of my own for this before I found yours (http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2813529/bsod-repair-loop-downgrading-windows-windows.html), so you may want to keep an eye on that since it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.