Need help choosing a monitor

tuftycone

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hey all,

I'm looking at upgrading my current monitor (1080p, 21", 60 Hz), and I was wanting some help in figuring out what to get. I would say I definitely want an IPS panel. I have heard that 144 Hz is truly amazing, so I am very interested in getting a 144 Hz monitor if y'all think it's worth it. I would like a larger monitor because I will also be using it as an HDTV (on that note, if you recommend buying an HDTV and using it as a monitor, let me know). G-Sync would be nice as well.

I am not sure what resolution would be best. 1080p is nice for sure, but with 2k & 4k becoming more and more common I think it may be a good time to make the jump. I do not have a set budget, I understand that you get what you pay for so if the best monitor for me is $1000 then so be it.

What monitors do you recommend (must also work well as an HDTV)? Thanks.

Note: I currently have a GTX 770, but I will also probably be upgrading that after figuring out what monitor to get.

Solution
The best monitor available today is the Acer XB270HU. It is a 144Hz IPS monitor with GSync but without nVidia 3D-Vision support.
It costs around €750, here where I live. It should be around USD850 in USA but I am just guessing.

About to upgrade GTX770 or not, it depends on the games you play. If you are playing games like Witcher 3 then yes, I would recommend to upgrade the GPU to around GTX980Ti level.
The best monitor available today is the Acer XB270HU. It is a 144Hz IPS monitor with GSync but without nVidia 3D-Vision support.
It costs around €750, here where I live. It should be around USD850 in USA but I am just guessing.

About to upgrade GTX770 or not, it depends on the games you play. If you are playing games like Witcher 3 then yes, I would recommend to upgrade the GPU to around GTX980Ti level.

Solution
XB270HU has only Displayport input, HDMI to display port converter is a little bit hard to get and also quite expensive.
The converter is not 2 way converter, those you can find easily is only from Display port to HDMI.
PS4 can only HDMI.
I do not know if you want to go through all of these problem connecting your PS4 to the monitor searching for splitter/switch.
This is an issue of all current GSync monitors.