Locked out of Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Rocha

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Windows 10 was finally released but it wasn't offered just yet sicne its being released in waves. However my friend told me you could install it from the site so I did. It all went by smoothly and when it finally finished downloading I set it to do a fresh install.

I thought it might good if I just let it do its thing and go out to see a movie. But when I came back home and woke up the next morning I noticed my dad had unplugged my pc. Annoyed I thought that it should be fine so I turned it back on. However it took me to a log in screen with a Default User0. I was confused so I just pressed enter without putting a password but it said incorrect.

Confused I tried logging in with several common passwords and my own. I even tried the microsoft log in since it was connected to the internet. Nothing was working. There's was a reset password option but it asked for a password reset disk or drive. I haven't tried yet and I'm not sure how to obtain one.

My asked my techy friend who knows basic fixes to things since he just installed Windows 10 on his pc. He asked if I got the windows 10 key but I didn't since I left it installing and turned the monitor off. He told me a simple but long fix would be to install windows 8.1 again and then try upgrading. But I have a oem key and not a retail and have lost the disk a long time ago. OEM aren't offered a digital download through the microsoft site, only retail. I thought I might get a pirated copy and just put my oem key but I'm not sure if that would work.

I'm not sure what to do. Any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Hello

If you are installing Windows in its evaluation mode, it is not a pirated copy. All you need to do is re-activate your Windows using the same key.

You may need to talk to Microsoft customer support team to re-activate your Windows and there should be no problem as long as you are using the same computer and you are installing Windows only on one machine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Hello

If you are installing Windows in its evaluation mode, it is not a pirated copy. All you need to do is re-activate your Windows using the same key.

You may need to talk to Microsoft customer support team to re-activate your Windows and there should be no problem as long as you are using the same computer and you are installing Windows only on one machine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution

Brad Rocha

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
I fixed it. I went on my laptop and downloaded Windows 10 on a flash drive. I forced booted the drive and then hit reset. Sadly it said I didn't have a partition apparently so I went to custom installation and deleted all the partitions and installed it again on my SSD. Booted it up and after 30 min and several restarts I now have Windows 10 :3 woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.