Windows 10 pc monitor stuck, urgent need help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protego7

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
OK, after I installed windows 10 my pc rebooted. After the reboot my monitor went to sleep and there was nothing on the screen, my monitor was on sleep mode for about 30 minutes and then a screen finally poped up at 35% windows 10 installation thingee. And at 84% my monitor went to sleep again and BTW I couldn't wake it up. I waited for more than an hour but still my monitor was on sleep mode. Nothing was working. I then held down the power button, my pc turned off and I turned it on again. It still wouldn't load anything on my monitor. So does anyone know how to fix this ?

My pc is on everything works but there's no signal on the monitor.

Darkmiss

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
If you have an on-board Intel graphics, then its a bug where the updated drivers makes windows think you have an extra monitor and displays windows on an extra screen you don't have.

simple solution...
wait a few minutes after you boot up for windows to get to the log-in screen
Then press the space-bar and type in your login password or pin as you usually would.

now you should be at your desktop, give it a few seconds to load things up before pressing...
windows key - P
down arrow (once)
Enter

Hopefully this should power your moniter up and you should see your desktop again, but duplicated to the second screen (your main screen that should be your first screen)

if you have an add-on graphics card other than the on board Intel, then a temporary fix is to go into the device manager and disable the Intel device.

i hope this helps you.

Protego7

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
When windows 10 was installing and was at 88 % my monitor went to sleep, I waited for about an hour assuming that It installed everything, so I held down the power button to restart l. Would it be that windows 10 isn't actually installed and I inturupeted the setup? And BTW I have an amd apu with gtx 660.

BeeHiveTheFirst

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015

you could try to reinstall it with a disk or usb?? Or roll back to a earlier date what had Windows on it?

BeeHiveTheFirst

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015

Try a new cable restart computer new monitor or you could try taking out gpu and plug-in cable into the mono slot ?

BeeHiveTheFirst

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Im not too sure i can do some digging if you ant just might take sometime my gpu is not working correctly and my computer keeps crashing with blue screens but il try and find out what up fot you ok?

Protego7

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
OK I disconnected my gpu and I connected my apu vga to the monitor. My monitor started working but I get an error, no boot disk has been dected or the disk has failed

BeeHiveTheFirst

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015

have you reconeced the Gpu it may work now if not then im not to sure because im not an expert on pcs but i know a bit

Protego7

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Once I connected my monitor to my APU, it started working. I had to unplug my graphics card tho, it doesn't work if there's a graphic card. So i'm having to use my computer without my graphics card. I hope microsoft fixes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.