Stuck Pixel Lines on Asus Monitor

PrimeTurkey

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Hi guys, I have the Asus VE247 LCD monitor that has been working fine for a few months but today, it randomly had two black lines that look like this: http://puu.sh/jp8pF/35894b6a5a.jpg (sorry for the flipped screen). The lines aren't exactly dead, as they slowly change colour depending the colour of the screen, going black on colourful backgrounds and different colours on white backgrounds.

I have tried using those stuck pixel remover videos on youtube for a few hours, and pressing lightly on the lines with a soft cloth, but both methods didn't remove the lines. Is the monitor malfunctioning or could it be a driver issue?

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Are the lines still present if you start windows in safe mode (or alternatively if you just disable your video drivers)? Are they present if you use the monitor with a different source?

If both answers are yes, then I suspect it is the monitor's problem and you should RMA it and get a replacement.

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Your video drivers are forced off in safe mode, so there is no need to test that separately.

Try connecting your monitor to a different source and/or with a different cable. If the problem persists, I would RMA the monitor.

TRENDING THREADS