Windows 10 and Tom's Hardware site questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Hello, community.

1. After installing Windows 10 my computer started to randomly freeze. For example: I am copying mp3 files to my player and suddenly windows freezes. Nothing works, not even a NumLock, system completely froze and the only reason to restart it is to hard reset by turning computer off and on.
I want to find out what exactly is causing this problem? I am suspecting Nvidia drivers because I had the same issue in Win 8.1, but then the problem went away.
How do I troubleshoot/find out why my system froze? Event Viewer does not show any failures. (only something about anti virus log failure and some Kernel error)
When I run perfmon /rel, it reports only that My system was not properly shutdown.
Please teach me how to find out what is causing the problem?

2. I have installed FireFox on my PC. I can log into Tom's Hardware site just fine, the main page. When I select FORUMS-->ALL CATEGORIES tab my browser can not go any further, I get this error:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.d6c23d17.1438705144.5e7187a

I have disabled the AddBlock. Right now I am using Edge and It works fine. My second computer with Win 7 / Chrome can access the page just fine. Please educate me why I am getting such error?

Solution
I am also having issues with my Nvidia graphics, so bad in fact that I had to revert back to Windows 7. Initially I had the same problem and my screen froze. Also Windows 10 would not even recognize there is a video card in the PCIE slot!!!

I did however, successfully install Win 10 on my laptop that had 8.1. That went fine.

I would suggest reverting back to Windows 8.1 and wait a couple months and try again. It is not usually a good idea to make an upgrade like this until the bugs are worked out.

I tried calling Microsoft about my issue and they are willing to help but I had to wait hours before I could get a technician on the phone. I think they are having many issues with the upgrading.

So again, I would suggest going back...

andreme1

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I am also having issues with my Nvidia graphics, so bad in fact that I had to revert back to Windows 7. Initially I had the same problem and my screen froze. Also Windows 10 would not even recognize there is a video card in the PCIE slot!!!

I did however, successfully install Win 10 on my laptop that had 8.1. That went fine.

I would suggest reverting back to Windows 8.1 and wait a couple months and try again. It is not usually a good idea to make an upgrade like this until the bugs are worked out.

I tried calling Microsoft about my issue and they are willing to help but I had to wait hours before I could get a technician on the phone. I think they are having many issues with the upgrading.

So again, I would suggest going back the Windows 8.1 and wait until Microsoft works out all the bugs. It is typically of any new Windows versions, they all have problems.

Alternatively, update all your drivers include graphics, audio, USB, chipset, etc. and that may correct the issue. Freezes are frequently due to a hardware/driver issue. If your motherboard is newer you should find all the Windows 10 drivers on their website.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.