Headphones Option Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendik Aune

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2015
Earlier today i had windows 8.1,headphones worked great. But when i installed win 10, the option dissapeared. How do i fix this?

Solution
Uninstall the audio drivers from your PC by searching for "Change or Remove a Program" in the Start Menu. Select your audio drivers from there - they may be something like VIA Audio, or Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, or IDT Audio, depending on the sound device on your motherboard. Uninstall them, and restart your PC. The default audio drivers of Windows 10 should automatically be loaded afterwards, which should restore headphone functionality. If it does not, download the latest driver for your audio device and install it.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Uninstall the audio drivers from your PC by searching for "Change or Remove a Program" in the Start Menu. Select your audio drivers from there - they may be something like VIA Audio, or Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, or IDT Audio, depending on the sound device on your motherboard. Uninstall them, and restart your PC. The default audio drivers of Windows 10 should automatically be loaded afterwards, which should restore headphone functionality. If it does not, download the latest driver for your audio device and install it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.