Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 gives error code 43 after installing windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffleown

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
After installing windows 10 i noticed the resolution was a bit low, so i tried to change it, but it was locked and 1024x768. I then opened my device manager to see that both of my GPU's was giving error code 43 and was disabled. I searched the net for solutions, found something that said i should do a complete uninstallation of my GPU driver with "Guru", i did that, and it still didn't work. I removed my secondary GPU and tried again, and still nothing.. I am running out of options, so if anyone can help, please do...

Solution
Hello,

I just had the same issue with a geforce gt 740m and no matter what driver I flashed windows 10 would disable, I had to flash a bios update and all is well now. I'd suggest going to asus support webpage and see if there is any newer bios updates. Just download it, unzip it, and save it in your C:/program files (seems if csm and fast boot are enabled the user files don't show up) somewhere you can find it, then reboot into bios and use easyflash and choose the filesystem, navigate to the file and enter. Hope it helps.

KrutikFTW

Reputable
May 13, 2015
i had the same problem and i had to reinstall all the drivers from my nvidia CD that came with the GPU. just put in the EVGA CD you got and click on the first option (install video drivers). then restart your PC. if that didn't work, go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers enter your system information in the manual driver search, or you can get geforce experience which will update your drivers.

waffleown

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

I already did a clean installation of the driver using the manual installation service on nvidias homepage, which didn't work.

KrutikFTW

Reputable
May 13, 2015

then i'm sorry i don't know what to tell you, i just had to reinstall my video drivers from the CD and it worked, for me.

Did you really?
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
That's what they were talking about, do it's recommended settings, safe mode, restarts and all.
And download the latest drivers manually: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/87789/en-us

waffleown

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Yes that is exactly what i did. I even tried installing the driver in all other possible ways except from the CD which i no longer own.
EDIT: I just now did a fresh installation of windows 10 as a last resort, and so far it seems to still not be working.....
EDIT 2: After several restarts, the porblem is fixed.. Just sad i had to delete everything to get it working

Nome3

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
Hello,

I just had the same issue with a geforce gt 740m and no matter what driver I flashed windows 10 would disable, I had to flash a bios update and all is well now. I'd suggest going to asus support webpage and see if there is any newer bios updates. Just download it, unzip it, and save it in your C:/program files (seems if csm and fast boot are enabled the user files don't show up) somewhere you can find it, then reboot into bios and use easyflash and choose the filesystem, navigate to the file and enter. Hope it helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.