INTEL vs AMD. Which is better for gaming?

makugx

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Greetings

We've all have this discussion, but we're at a time where AMD doesn't have new stuff out.
Intel's getting fancy.
People say when it comes to gaming, the INTEL HD graphics or whole processor in general won't come close to AMD'S power.
Others are convinced INTEL can't be beaten.

I've searched forums and I cannot make my mind up.
Can we please arrive to a conclussion?

RIGHT NOW, this month. Who's better? AMD or INTEL?

Talk prices if you want.
Talk benchmarks.
Talk technologies.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand GO!

Thanks everyone for contributing!

Rhezner

Admirable
As far as integrated graphics go, the amd APU's are definitely better for gaming.

If paired with a GPU Intel CPUs are almost always the way to go, you can look at benchmark after benchmark of them winning.

Remember that the number of cores and the clock does not determine performance, A 4690k has 4 cores at 3.5ghz. The 8350 has 8 at 4ghz but the 4690k basically always wins in gaming benchmarks and is a better CPU all around.

DHFF

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
I agree with Rhezner. If we are talking integrated graphics then AMD all the way. especially their APU line of chips. the A10 beats the pants off of all of the iCore chips in terms of integrated graphics.

Now paired with even a modest dedicated GPU and Intel soars. the i5 is progrably the best chip for general gaming performance if you couple it with a dedicated GPU.

With a GPU, Intel is faster. Without a GPU, Intel can also be faster: http://anandtech.com/show/9320/intel-broadwell-review-i7-5775c-i5-5675c/7 (Integrated Graphics) http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-5775c-i5-5675c-broadwell,4169-6.html

Building upon the above, broadwells integrated graphics (iris pro) out perform most APUs. So it comes down to specific processor comparisons for specific needs, as always.

It is fairly pointless to say Intel vs AMD. Pick two processors, or a pricerange, then get into comparisons.