How to Install Windows 8 after Installing Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
I upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium to Windows 10 64-bit. I've had so many issues with Windows 10 that it's just because way too much work and I can't get anything solved. I'd like to just get a fresh start and buy Windows 8 and use it instead since I know for fact that it is much more reliable. How would I go about installing Windows 8 and completely removing Windows 10? I've only ever installed an OS when I've bought a brand new motherboard.

Solution
Boot into the installation media (USB or CD) and when it asks which partition you want to install Windows 8, press advanced and select format. That should wipe your hard drive of windows 10 and install windows 8 on it.

SiNxPride

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
Boot into the installation media (USB or CD) and when it asks which partition you want to install Windows 8, press advanced and select format. That should wipe your hard drive of windows 10 and install windows 8 on it.

Solution

RIOUXGRANDE

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

I cannot even log in to my windows 10 pc now due to a display issue. I have tried all options I am aware of other than reinstalling windows 8. My question is will installing windows 8 wipe my HDD and my SSD? I have windows on my SSD and obviously a lot of other software and media on my separate storage drive. I don't want to lose all that without exhausting all possible options of fixing the windows 10 issue.

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
Unfortunately I've already been in your position. I had installed Windows 10 and kept all my files and programs. There were so many issues and errors though that I had to do a clean install. Save yourself a lot of effort and time and go ahead and do a clean install, it's worth it. Save whatever you want to keep on a USB or external hard drive and you should be fine.

SiNxPride

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
Clean installing windows should only wipe the hard drive windows is installed in. If you installed windows in a SSD, then the HDD you have all your media and other things should not be deleted.

RIOUXGRANDE

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Well the issue is that I cannot even access my desktop anymore. I would have to pull the drives out and run them externally to possibly my work pc and then do a clean install. My pc is basically a dud

RIOUXGRANDE

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

It boots, and I'll get to the initial windows loading screen that appears before the login screen appears. That's as far as I get and the screen goes blank after it finishes loading. Non responsive after that point. I actually have to hold the power button to turn it off where as normally I can just press it quickly and it turns off immediately.

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
When I was first installing Windows 10 I was able to get it to boot and to the Windows setup page where it welcomes you and has you hit the next button to finish the installation process. Whenever I would hit next nothing would happen but after a few times clicking next my computer would re-boot and then it would do the same thing all over again. I cleared the CMOS and I was then able to finish the Windows 10 setup. You should try clearing the CMOS if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.