Micro stuttering in all "open world" games

bjarnidk

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Hi. I'm having a problem (and have always had) where if I'm playing an open world game, I get mini stuttering.
Let me start by explaining what I mean by "open world game".
These are games like Fallout, Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, H1Z1, Reign of Kings and such games where the map is rather large in contrast to games limited to an area like Dota and Counter-strike where I have a 100% gaming experience.

I suspect this mini stuttering is caused by loading onto the ram or such but I've tried installing onto a SSD and even a RAM disc but the tiny tiny stuttering is still there. I have an extremely sensitive eye to gaming along with a really good setup and a 144hz monitor with G-Sync so I'm just used to a really smooth gaming experience when things work.

The problem is like this:
I'm running in the forest and for a fraction of the second while I turn around with my mouse, the mouse skips maybe 1 frame or something (I have no idea how much it skips) and my eye will catch this. I'm a high level counter-strike player where for my aiming to work, the experience has to be 110%. If it's not, which it isn't if I may skip a frame all of a sudden, I just get this horrible feeling inside me!

Also in GTA this can crash me if I'm driving extremely fast which is also a downer. I sort of suspect everyone has this problem but almost no one has the eye to notice it? I mean, I once bought the Razer Naga only to realize that the mouse cursor would jump down to the left corner of the screen when you'd lift it off the mat. After RMA'ing 3 Nagas I realized it was a fault with the laser in every Razer Naga and almost no one was complaining!

My question is, is there some super-pro out there who knows how to make ANY game run 120% with no frame skipping anywhere?

My specs:

4790K, watercooled (no OC).
Nvidia 970 gtx, (no OC).
16gb 2400hz RAM (Hyper Beast)
1 SD and 1 SSD disc where I game on.
AOC 144hz G-sync monitor.
Some Gigabyte Z97 motherboard, can't remember which, tell me if relevant.

wessamex

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I always limit my fps to 50 in huge games like gta v and witcher 3 to get best gaming experience as for those games are having issues and frame drops and that's the game fault not your system .. i don't know about skyrim though iam not a fan of it .. try limiting to 50 fps by rivatuner .. i have 970 gtx too .. and try not to put effort in noticing the fps ans stuff and enjoy the game . sorry for bad english

bjarnidk

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
If I am OCD about micro stutters, is there anything I can do? I can OC to high hell but I doubt it will make a difference as I run the games with 100+ fps at all times.

Wessamex thanks but I just can't bear 50 FPS in any game.

OCing can reduce or increase microstutters, it depends on the stability of the overclock.
Your motherboard will matter depending on how much you can OC, and your PSU.
You could also try learning to ignore it/adapt to the stuttering.
I hear lots of CS:GO players do things like set the games to the lowest settings possible and run the games at tiny resolutions to get higher FPS.