Installing (Clean) Windows 10 & then install all relevant drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

awtdmv

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi guys,

I will be installing Windows 10 on my old Pc which have Vista at the moment.
This is the first time that I will be doing a clean install for my desktop PC, so I have some questions.
First of all apart from the GPU drivers, motherboard drivers and all my applications what other drivers I need to install?

On the motherboard drivers is everything included? for example the Ethernet driver, usb etc..?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
you must first update windows to activate your windows 10 key, then you can do a clean install of windows 10. (this is the free option)...
first you need to go on your manufactures website and update the bios if there is one available your motherboard driver will be there also so download them too if available.. then backup all pic, music, docs, and anything you don't want to loose in case of an issue. then make a list of all programs you what to reinstall after the clean install so you can put them back... after the clean install reinstall all graphic and sound card drivers ,reinstall all programs and personal files...

if there is no bios update or motherboard update don't worry windows 10 has a lot of generic drivers baked in.

corndog1836

Distinguished
you must first update windows to activate your windows 10 key, then you can do a clean install of windows 10. (this is the free option)...
first you need to go on your manufactures website and update the bios if there is one available your motherboard driver will be there also so download them too if available.. then backup all pic, music, docs, and anything you don't want to loose in case of an issue. then make a list of all programs you what to reinstall after the clean install so you can put them back... after the clean install reinstall all graphic and sound card drivers ,reinstall all programs and personal files...

if there is no bios update or motherboard update don't worry windows 10 has a lot of generic drivers baked in.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.