Strange green pixels on my monitor

I Am Herman

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Hi, I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post because after a brief search I couldn't really find anything concrete. Not even sure this is the proper forum for troubleshooting, but oh well.

I've got these green pixels. I hesitate to call them that because they almost look like green ink on the screen itself, although I'm almost certain that isn't the case. If my eyes aren't decieving me, it looks like it's behind the screen. As in, not on the surface of the monitor. Sorry, I'm not good with words.

I don't think it's my GPU, EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX, because my old monitor didn't have this issue.

It's an LG 23EA63 that's been sitting in the attic of some old folks who I bought it from. I was using some old Dell monitor that got the job done, but it wasn't very pretty to look at.

Could sitting in the attic cause some issues with this? Or is it, god forbid, my card? It's hot here in the summer and freezing in the winter, not sure why anyone would store a computer in that environment but... lol.

Thanks.

Solution
Its either a GPU or monitor problem. I wouldnt think it would be the GPU unless the computer is old or it has overheated or had water on it. If this monitor was in your attic for a long time it probably is the monitor. Days below freezing or days extremely hot let alone the humidity will most definitely cause damage (unless your attic is air conditioned). Otherwise normal damage from not being used and time will cause that.

ww1superstar

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Its either a GPU or monitor problem. I wouldnt think it would be the GPU unless the computer is old or it has overheated or had water on it. If this monitor was in your attic for a long time it probably is the monitor. Days below freezing or days extremely hot let alone the humidity will most definitely cause damage (unless your attic is air conditioned). Otherwise normal damage from not being used and time will cause that.

Solution

I Am Herman

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

I have a feeling it's the monitor. Doesn't show up on the other screen, so it can't be the card. I'll just get a more expensive new one.

It was ink. Came off with distilled water and alcohol.