Which is the better tv for the money

The Sceptre vs the Insignia is really a competition of the bottom of the barrel sets. If you go to the store and look at them, neither of them have a really crisp and vibrant picture, and both look dull.

Unfortunately, Insignia on the BB site does not list the real specs, like the contrast ratio and the brightness so a direct comparison can be made. Besides, the specs, especially on the low end are often inaccurate, and exaggerated.

I would spend around $250, and get a Vizio.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E32-C1-32-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B00SMBF3NS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438745291&sr=8-1&keywords=vizio+32%22

my '' bottom of the barrel '' scepter just like the one you posted is doing me a great job for 8 months now. looks great works great -0- issues - I'm on it now .... so far all my pc use is fine and dandy with it and I'm satisfied... that's not to say someone can get a lemon or mine will blow up tomorrow , but I guess that's the chance you take with anything from any brand ?

if you go with the walmart scepter tv just get the extra 18 buck walmart warrantee so you deal with walmart if a issue pops up and not with the manufacture [ this is something I noticed skimming through the 2000 reviews ] also that reviewers that use it for pc use were also happy with it as well ..

as far as today I don't see where I went wrong with the scepter

cant understand why ? this ones fine and no worse the the other 3 brands hdtvs I got here ? I use it more than I do the rest

sounds like whoever set them up at that store screwed them up on purpose to me .. to make them look bad over a higher profit margin units ... see it all the time

oh seeing scepter is like the 3ed manufacture of the displays them ones ''you think'' are better units may be running scepters displays anyway

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/28/the-mysterious-company-behind-the-best-selling-tv.aspx

Interesting theory about them screwing up the displays. I have seen it in several different stores at this point. At least for me, the Vizio always looks a little better, and worth a little more, but this is all subjective.

At this point, my older Vizio is coming up on 5 years without any issues, so I stick with a brand that goes the distance.

well then good luck with that - I did not see one of them in that price range that comes close to pc support more of less showed anything in there manual on it ?? [or I would of had one by now ]

heres the closest thing they got

down load the manual and see what it says for pc use and all for pc ??

http://www.vizio.com/tvs/e32c1.html

my buddy got a Vizio and tried it on his pc he said it was not too good for him after he seen what this did for me

For gaming, any of these HDTV's should work.

I do occasionally connect my laptop to the HDTV over HDMI to display video. On my Vizio 32" it consistently works without any issues, and the video looks better than on my Lenovo laptop screen. I think it may help that the TV is 720p, and the laptop is 1366 x 766, so the resolutions match up, which I think may avoid some issues, although this is just an observation at this point.