Internet speed problem ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ominous11

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2014
Hey guy's,

I just upgraded too windows 10 and I have an internet issue. Too start off my browsing seems to be slower when surfing. I went to download my GPU drivers and it took me 20 minutes.... ( that use to take seconds if that ) I did a internet speed test and I seem to be much slower as well. Is this a known issue ??

Solution

To begin with, those are the same thing. Browsing and surfing are synonymous. As far as your GPU driver download goes, consider everbody in every country is currently trying to update to windows 10 AND to update their GPU drivers to the latest releases to correct issues. This means servers are likely to be swamped and downloads are going to be slower. If you're having the same issues OVERALL when browsing or downloading, regardless of what or where, THEN there may be an issue.

I'd recommend finding your network adapter chipset model and locating the most recent or windows 10 compatible drivers for your wifi or Ethernet adapters and upgrading them. Trusting...

To begin with, those are the same thing. Browsing and surfing are synonymous. As far as your GPU driver download goes, consider everbody in every country is currently trying to update to windows 10 AND to update their GPU drivers to the latest releases to correct issues. This means servers are likely to be swamped and downloads are going to be slower. If you're having the same issues OVERALL when browsing or downloading, regardless of what or where, THEN there may be an issue.

I'd recommend finding your network adapter chipset model and locating the most recent or windows 10 compatible drivers for your wifi or Ethernet adapters and upgrading them. Trusting Microsoft to use the most reliable drivers automatically is like trusting a used car salesman to tell you the car you're looking at has problems.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.