Internet speed slow only on one computer, after Windows 10 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray34

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
After downloading Windows 10, my internet speed went significantly down, from 35 mbps to 4 mbps. I recovered my original Windows 8.1, hoping it was the new Windows that was causing the problem, but my computer is still very slow compared to what it used to be. I know the problem is in my computer because the three other PC's in my house are all working at normal speeds. I ran a virus scan with no luck. Could the Windows 10 upgrade have installed something that's still slowing down my internet? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
It's possible that the Windows 10 upgrade may have caused some driver issues. Try performing a System Restore operation on Windows 8.1 to a date before you installed Windows 10. Note that since you have already upgraded to Windows 10 once, you may also try performing a clean installation of Windows 10 on your current PC.

Slashgeek

Admirable
It's possible that the Windows 10 upgrade may have caused some driver issues. Try performing a System Restore operation on Windows 8.1 to a date before you installed Windows 10. Note that since you have already upgraded to Windows 10 once, you may also try performing a clean installation of Windows 10 on your current PC.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.