3rd Old monitor VS. New Bigger one

TorqMace

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
Hello Forum,
I would like to ask for your valuable advice. Here is my story.
Back in 2007 I built my, then, dream PC and with it I got rid of my old CRT and got myself 22 inches of glorious Samsung HD TN panel (2232BW specifically). Rigs came and went but my old 22'' stayed on my desk till this day.
After getting my degree on Computer Engineering and getting myself an FPGA board I needed a second screen to work on (FPGA developers feel me...) But I never got around to get one (Alt+Tab on fire!!!)
Recently a friend of mine asked me if I wanted his monitor because he was getting a new one. I said yes due to the fact that it was also a 2232BW and would fit perfectly on my desk next to my first one.

So my question is this....:
I am also a gamer and I was thinking if it is worth it to get a 3rd monitor for a Surround setup or just get a 27 inch 1440p and call it a day... What will give me the best experience?

Mind you...to get another 2232BW will cost me no more than 50 (pounds,euros,dollars,wtv) more or less

Chayan4400

Honorable

Could you list your computer specs for us? If your computer can handle it, my guess is that a new 27" 1440p monitor will be better than your current ones, since with those monitors you won't really be getting much of a surround gaming experience. However, be aware that adding a thrid monitor will almost certainly decrease your FPS, as will a 1440p panel, which generally requires at least a GTX 970 to get good frame rates.

My reccommendation would be a 1440p monitor if your computer can handle it, or a 27" 1080p monitor if it can't.

TorqMace

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
My computer can handle both triple 1050s and single 1440p but I am asking this question from a productivity point of view... Not only gaming keep in mind... And I don't think that a single 27 1080p will give me the real estate i need