Fake Reviews on Amazon, Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalcrown

Distinguished
Because it's one thing I hate, I thought I'd have some fun with it.

HOW LONG DO YOU FOLKS THINK IT WILL BE BEFORE THE IDIOTS START POSTING FAKE REVIEWS OF SKYLAKE AND THE Z170 PLATFORM ?

Does it bother anyone else when you are looking to buy or is it just me ?

Capture.png

royalcrown

Distinguished
They do mod them, it's just a pain in the @_ _ when you want to see if something is good and 2 of the 4 reviews are idiots like that. The pic was fake, I just made it up for fun :) Slow news day with Skylake being so-so.

royalcrown

Distinguished
I think you missed the gist of the question. I am referring to end users who post crap like this that don't even own the product. There may be a few company reps posting stuff, but IMO the majority of this useless junk is just kids being dumb. I am simply taking bets on when we'll see a bunch of fake reviews on these websites, considering it's not available till 8/14 on Amazon / Newegg . I am sure there will be crap up on 8/12/15 about how someone has owned it for 3 months already.

g-unit1111

Titan

I don't know the answer to that one. By comparison, how else do you explain the fact that Dr. Dre's new album isn't out until Friday but there's already 15 pages of 5 star reviews on iTunes without people ever actually listening to the album? :heink:

For the same reasons people get a kick out of calling in fake bomb threats or other garbage that consumes the time and energy of our emergency response personnel. They're immature idiots with nothing better in life to do than stir the pot or create drama. That's it, and that's all. No other reason whatsoever. If it looks like a troll and smells like a troll............

Shirosaki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
Trolls are typically easy to spot and ignore. I'd be more concerned about marketers who have several accounts putting out fake reviews to promote their products as better than what they are.

royalcrown

Distinguished
Yep, that's what irks me, especially for people on the fence about whether to buy.

g-unit1111

Titan

I wish review websites like that would have better systems of filtering out idiots, but that ain't happening. The way I see it is that the people who are already going to buy no matter what, are already going to buy no matter what. What always irks me though is when reviews get skewed. Sometimes there's companies who make absolute junk (like Apevia for instance) that gets five star ratings, and there's companies that make excellent products who get 3, maybe 3.5 stars at the most. It's a flawed system, I don't really have any explanation other than that.

gabdx

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
I cannot post a bad review on Newegg in my account, they are censoring everyone and posting fake review.

Please follow my advice and Absolutely avoid this company no matter how tempting their website looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.