To those experienced in audio files

Absolutionz

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
This may be off topic but I'm not sure where to post this lol. Anyways, so I'm downloading a 1.3TB file of music, and I noticed with some songs that are finished they cut out half way through the song, and start again at some later point. Almost like the data for that part of the song is missing. Does this just mean the file hasn't downloaded all the data for the song yet or is this DL bunk?

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
You are playing the files during download? Sounds plausible that there are missing segments. What client are you using? Assuming torrents, some of them let you prioritize certain files...you could prioritize a file which is playing with gaps and see if it is better a few minutes later. Could be a bad rip/recording, too.

Absolutionz

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Using Qtorrent. I told it to DL in order of files in the folder so it *should* all be there. Though it's 35% done now, and I would HATE to have to find a different torrent.

Absolutionz

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Anyways I'll just wait to see if it's missing data yet to be downloaded. Kind of sucks after spending $1k on my new audio equipment (oppo pm-3 + cambridge dacmagic plus) to have to deal with this lol.