Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Castle

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2013
after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10…

The 1st time it got me to the welcome screen with my name and asked for my password. Typing in password made it unresponsive, all I could do was move the Mouse around. Searching the Internet for a solution on another computer, I unplugged my Wi-Fi adapter and rebooted. I was able to log into Windows 10 and everything seemed okay. I plugged the Wi-Fi adapter back in and rebooted, it got to a screen with the date and a picture of a beach. From there I couldn't do anything. The only thing on the screen was the Internet icon in the lower right-hand side of the screen. There was nothing to click, I tried clicking all over the screen, nothing. I unplugged the Wi-Fi adapter and rebooted. It got to the same screen, only difference was it indicated no Internet connection available. Nothing to click on, clicking on blank space, the date, the Internet icon, All did nothing. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Solution
Your installation may be damaged. Try reverting to Windows 7 by clicking on the power button, holding down shift, then pressing "Restart." This should take you to Advanced Startup Options. Navigate to "Go back to Windows 7" through this menu.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Your installation may be damaged. Try reverting to Windows 7 by clicking on the power button, holding down shift, then pressing "Restart." This should take you to Advanced Startup Options. Navigate to "Go back to Windows 7" through this menu.

Solution

Eddie Castle

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2013

according to the video, after running system restore: "And you will see that your Windows 10 welcome screen is working fine and allows you to enter password." System restore reverts back to Windows 7. I don't see how it can help with the Windows 10 welcome screen if Windows 10 is no longer there.

rezoloot

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Very simple fix, unplug your wifi dongle, or any other network item, the issue is with the computer trying to log on and the fact you never gave it log in details,,, i.e..... naming your comp PC and not giving it a password kind of makes win 10 non responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.