Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkyevolved

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hello everyone, I have a question.

I have a Barebone PC (Gigabyte GB-BXI3H-5010) which was running Windows 8.1, and now it has been upgraded to Windows 10. I use this PC to run a home server with Plex media server and Plex Home Theater - so I've got it connected to the TV, and the PC is always on. So when I turn on the TV, I have to press any button on the keyboard or move the mouse for the graphics card to kick in, which is fine. But when it does, it goes to a blank desktop. There's nothing there. I can see the open apps listed in the start tray, but none of them open. I'm quite confused to be honest. It's connected via HDMI to an LG TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solution
Your PC may think that it has multiple desktops open, or is sending information to an invisible second monitor. Hold down the Windows key and press Tab. This should show all your available desktops. See if the one you want can be navigated to. If this fails, right click on the desktop and select Display settings. See if Windows thinks you have multiple monitors in use.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Your PC may think that it has multiple desktops open, or is sending information to an invisible second monitor. Hold down the Windows key and press Tab. This should show all your available desktops. See if the one you want can be navigated to. If this fails, right click on the desktop and select Display settings. See if Windows thinks you have multiple monitors in use.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.