I think my pc is underperforming

Memedas

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
Hi there. So a few weeks back I built myself a new pc: FX-8350, MSI R9 390 8GB ram. And now I've installed a few graphical intense games to test it and I feel like it's underperfoming tremendously. In the witcher 2 opening scene I get 10 fps. In League of Legends on high settings I get framedrops in lane already and in teamfights it goes to around 30 fps. Cities Skylines also reguraly has framedrops. Other people say it's the CPU bottlenecking but that seems impossible. People with the same CPU and slightly worse GPU'S get way better performance. My drivers are up to date and my temperatures are about 73 degrees celcius on the cpu and about 65-70 degrees on the gpu.

Anyone an idea on what to do?

MrASSASSINo4ever

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Did you get any coolers?
I had the same problem but not that good rig ofc, I had higher temp which made my PC slower, I had like 80-90 and it performed really bad what it used to. So I bought few coolers so I can get air spreading around PC well and also got a better cooler for CPU because stock one is not really that good.

e4472

Honorable
Jun 29, 2014
73 degrees seems pretty hot for the CPU, Make sure you applied the correct amount of thermal paste as too little/much can affect temps.