ASRock Z170M Pro4S right for me?

minigaming

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Hi,

I'm upgrading to the Skylake Intel Core i5 6600K. I've been a bit out of the loop and not sure about which new tech features on the motherboards are useful/necessary.

The system will be used for gaming and day to day tasks. I'll be buying the Cooler Master RC-130 Mini ITX case for the build. I've got an EVGA GTX-970, regular PSU and Sandisk SSD prepared. 16GB ram will be bought for the board. I've always gone with Asrock as they seem to have good bang for buck and I think the ASRock Z170M Pro4S looks to be right for my needs unless it has something important missing?

Thanks!

I was looking at the eextreme 6 and seen this part '' To install Windows® 7 OS, a modified installation disk with xHCI drivers packed into the ISO file is required. Please check our User Manual for more detailed instructions.''

I downloaded the manual and seen nothing on that as they said to do ?

so you cant load the windows 7 up and then install the driver or what ?? is that another ploy to screw you over to 10 ??

minigaming

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Thanks. I'll have to check if micro would be a lot bigger. Last question, would you know if that case needs a modular psu?

Yes micro atx and mini iTX have different dimensions. You can't fit a micro atx motherboard in a mini itx case.
A modular psu may help in reducing cable clutter. The case doesn't need one but it may help to get one.