HDMI switcher works with TV but not on PC monitor.. why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum4evr

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
I just bought a HDMI switcher on ebay - on one end it has a male plug that goes into a TV - on the other end it has 3 plugs I can plug stuff into, like a Wii or a PC or whatever and it has a button I can press to switch between stuff... on my TV in the living room it works great, but it will not work at all on my PC monitor in my bedroom, it just shows a blank screen when I plug in my wii U or PC.. and I am wondering why... why will this work on a flat screen TV but not on an hdmi monitor?

I bought this so I can switch between my Wii U and PC easily in the bedroom rather then constantly having to switch plugs in the back of the monitor... can someone please explain why this device works on a flat screen TV but not a pc monitor?

thx

bum4evr

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
this is it:
3-poorts-hdmi-splitter-en-schakelaar-uit-ingang-hdmi.jpg

when I plug my PC or Wii in directly into the back of the monitor they work great - when I use the splitter, all I see is a blank screen. :( I am puzzled as to why.....

OK, that is strange. "Veeery interesting. But stupid." My next suggestion would be to try a different type of switch, but you probably don't have one lying around. The switch works with the TV. The devices work directly with the monitor but do not work through the working switch attached to the monitor. Hmm. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.