I have tried 10 times to install windows 10, it just won't work. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuitePurple

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
I tried upgrading from windows 7 twice, and each time it froze at 0% on the page that says "Upgrading windows, this may take a while, sit back and relax." And yes, I'm sure it was frozen, I let it sit for a day before rebooting. It also slaughtered windows 7, so I can't boot into that anymore...

I tried a clean install, it got stuck at "Preparing files" or something like that, it was in a list, and the second one down. I tried that about 4 times, to no avail.

I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the iso, so I redownloaded, and put it on a different usb, as well as the first one. Both of them freeze as soon as I try to boot them.

I see my motherboards logo after I choose the usb to boot from. It has the fancy windows 8/10 spinning wheel under it, and then the wheel stops after about 10 seconds, and freezes.

For every time it froze, I let it sit at least overnight, but nothing worked.

I need help! I can't even use my pc! :(

Thank you for any replies!

P.S. MB is Asus m5a97 r2.0

Yes, I checked the ram, twice, I'm sure it's none of the parts.

Thanks!

QuitePurple

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

I believe I do, but I'll check again.

How would I go about updating the bios without an OS? :\

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
I just had a brainstorm or it may turn ou to be a brain fart.
check your action center(the flag by the clock) to see if you need to resolve any issues. I had the same problem, and once I fixed whatever was was need to be fixed, the download went through to completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.