Can anyone tell me which one is a better monitor

---GOODKILLA---

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
I'm looking to buy a 2560 x 1440 monitor and would like to know which one of these two is the better monitor for gaming, or if you know of another one I should look at for around $450.

1) ASUS PB Series PB278Q 27"

2) AOC Q2778VQE 27"

Solution
The AOC uses a TN panel vs IPS-type for the Asus, which means the AOC will have rather poor viewing angles in comparison.

Other than that the two are very similar in a lot of respects - color reproduction out of the box, input lag, etc. all showing no significant differences.

Personally I would go for the Asus for the IPS panel and the better viewing angles, especially if you like sitting closer to your monitor - at 27 inches you're going to be viewing the sides of the screen at fairly acute angles and might notice significant color shifts with TN.

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
The AOC uses a TN panel vs IPS-type for the Asus, which means the AOC will have rather poor viewing angles in comparison.

Other than that the two are very similar in a lot of respects - color reproduction out of the box, input lag, etc. all showing no significant differences.

Personally I would go for the Asus for the IPS panel and the better viewing angles, especially if you like sitting closer to your monitor - at 27 inches you're going to be viewing the sides of the screen at fairly acute angles and might notice significant color shifts with TN.

Solution