Permanently Disable Touchscreen on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario1011

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I have been having a problem with disabling the touchscreen in my windows 10 laptop. At one point, my laptop fell on cement. Luckily no hardware was damaged except for the screen's glass, losing its touchscreen capability. The problem is that the screen keeps recording false touches, making it difficult to get work done. I took the liberty of disabling the screen on Device Manager, however, after a few boots, the touch screen was somehow re enabled. I tried uninstalling the device, but it is built into the windows operating system and would simple be re enabled at the next boot. Is there any way to keep windows from recognizing the touchscreen without physically removing the touchscreen?

Solution
Hello,

Please try these steps to disable your touchscreen;

1. Open the Power User (Win + X) menu: just press Win + X shortcut keys together on the keyboard.

2. Pick Device Manager from the Win + X menu to start it.

3. Expand the 'Human Interface Devices' category and look for a device with the words "touch screen" in its name. In most cases, it will be "HID-compliant touch screen".

4. Right click the device you located and pick "Disable" from its context menu.

5. Restart your PC

This process will disable your touchscreen on your laptop.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

Please try these steps to disable your touchscreen;

1. Open the Power User (Win + X) menu: just press Win + X shortcut keys together on the keyboard.

2. Pick Device Manager from the Win + X menu to start it.

3. Expand the 'Human Interface Devices' category and look for a device with the words "touch screen" in its name. In most cases, it will be "HID-compliant touch screen".

4. Right click the device you located and pick "Disable" from its context menu.

5. Restart your PC

This process will disable your touchscreen on your laptop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.