Windows 10 low sound volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnknownSources

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I just did a clean win10 install yesterday, everything works fine except for my audio sound volume. My device is compatible, it works just fine under Windows 8.1 but its way too small compared from my Windows 10 now. :(

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

Please try the following;
- Go to Control Panel
- Go to Sounds
- Go to Playback
- Pick speakers as output device.
- Go to Properties > At "Levels" tab, check if it is set too 100%.
- Got o Enhancements > Enable Loudness Equalization>.
- Apply.

This should increase the sounds on your PC.
Should be much louder now...

xCybercx

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
Control Panel -> Sound -> Speakers -> Properties -> Enhancements -> Room Correction -> Setting -> Feet -> Distance (set all to 0.0ft) -> Gain (set all to +10dB).

gori_1996

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

Where can I find the Enhancement option...??

RiversideRepeat

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

You may not have it. I don't. A lot of what works and doesn't work for problems like this is dependent on the exact system, as in who built it and what sort of custom additions have been made. For example, I'm on an HP laptop using Beats as an addon control panel. I made some tweaks with that and got some improvement but still pretty quiet when all my summer fans and AC are on.

hwardale

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
I had this same problem after installing the Windows 10 update to my HP Pavilion laptop July 2017. I still had sound, but it was greatly decreased. I tried the same steps as everyone else and it didn't fix it. Then, I found a forum on the same problem from May 2017 through forums.techguy.org.
I installed the HP IDT sound driver found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-touchsmart-15-b100-sleekbook/5330569/model/5350161/swItemId/ob-113253-1

I hope this is helpful in resolving this issue for the folks that haven't found resolution with the other suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.