Windows 10 administrator account problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ten101337

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
I have only one active account on Windows 10, and it xy -> account type is administrator. My UAC settings are set to never notify. Now every program that i run is not run as admin (as was the case on windows 7) but rather as normal user account. Is there a way to change that globally?

Some problems that i have because of that: Torrent program can't write on disc (first time i see this), all games can't update and write to disc, they run fine tho. I usually let BSPlayer to download subtitles and write them in movie folder that doesn't work as well. If i right click -> run as admin program s work fine but it's a hassle i want to avoid.

Thanks for all the help

Solution
Well, after few days of looking around i managed to figure it out. I've had "Take Ownership" scripts from some online tutorial that didn't work for me but i've found where can i do it manually. So right click C: -> Properties -> Security -> >Advanced and under Owner there is Change link. Click it and at the bottom type Administrators and press OK. Under Owner we now have checkbox to copy ownership to everything on that drive, check it and click OK. Wait for a minute or two for process to complete and that's it. Hope it helps someone.

p.s. Also repeat to D:, E: or any other HDD partition you might have

jovcenaum

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
There are some errors with that User, to fix it (fastest way) just simple use another
account, eg second MSA or local account (administrator type).
Lot of jobs is to delete original User cause you need to copy all files (music, documents, pictures, videos, favorites etc.)
Than you can make it again.

ten101337

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately this doesn't seems to work. Programs run with new user are also run by default without admin rights. I've also tried Take Ownership tutorial. When i try to do if for D: drive it says that path to D: can't be found (same as my torrent client). Any other suggestions?

ten101337

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
Well, after few days of looking around i managed to figure it out. I've had "Take Ownership" scripts from some online tutorial that didn't work for me but i've found where can i do it manually. So right click C: -> Properties -> Security -> >Advanced and under Owner there is Change link. Click it and at the bottom type Administrators and press OK. Under Owner we now have checkbox to copy ownership to everything on that drive, check it and click OK. Wait for a minute or two for process to complete and that's it. Hope it helps someone.

p.s. Also repeat to D:, E: or any other HDD partition you might have

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.