USB 3.0 ports taking ages to recognise usb pen drives.

AliAbbas_786

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
Hello guys I need some expert help from you as I have no where else to turn. I am hoping you can help me fix this issue as am losing my mind, thank you ever so much, I am a IT guy my self, but this one random problem am facing I cant get my head around, it seems this issue is beyond me. The issue is, I have two USB 3.0 ports at the front and 4 usb 3.0 ports at the back along with 2 usb 2.0 ports on the same motherboard.

When ever I use a usb 2.0 pen drive or hard drive on the usb 3.0 ports the computer takes ages to recognise the pen drive and I have to wait a while until the usb pen drive shows up. It never did this before, upon waiting when the drive actually shows it functions as normal.

I have unistalled all the usb drivers which seems to clear up the issue, BUT upon turning the pc off and turning it back on the problem comes back and am there stitting waiting for the usb pen drive to be recognised by the PC.

I dont know what is causing the issue, but these are steps I have taken:

Disable all start up programs
Remove USB drivers and re start pc
Run Troubleshoot in windows 10

These have done nothing apart from re installing drivers but after I turn the PC off and back on again the problem arises again.

PC Spec:

Ram: 16 GB DDR3 Hyper X
Gpu: GTX 760
Mobo: Asrock z77 extreame 4
PSU: 850 Wat Evga
CPU: i7 2600

If there is any other information you require please feel free to ask, thank you.

Edit:

Addtional Information:

I have booted the pc in safe mode and everything works flawless and the usb pen drives all come up instantly regardless of which usb port I use. I have also figured out that when the pc is turned on from a cold boot i.e pluging in the mains and turning on the pc, this issue of the usb pen drives taking time to recognise only starts when the pc is booted up and running from a cold boot.

If when the pc is on and I am using it for like 4 to 5 minutes i.e genral browsing, email, youtube ect... and then stick my usb pen drives into the usb ports the usb pen drives behave like they should and they appear instantly. The problem starts when the PC is first turned on and within the first few 4 to 5 minutes where the USB pen drive takes ages to recognise. But this was never the case when I used the pc before, I cant recall any changes I made but I have unistalled software that I didnt have prior to this issue but the problem is still there.

I still cant figure out the solution and would love ur help thank you ever so much.