Windows 10 Recognizing Two Audio Devices As The Same Thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinator414

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Okay, so I just upgraded to windows 10 and the problem is that originally i could not play sound through my headsets, but my tv (audio through HDMI) and my speakers (Front AUX port) were fine.

Usually, in 8.1, my speakers showed up as headphones and my headphones as speakers, but it was never really a problem cause I could switch very easily as long as I remembered the names were reversed.

But now, it only shows my TV and my "speakers". When I unplug my speakers from my front audio port, it plays through my headphones and still shows that it's playing from the same device, and when I keep my speakers plugged it, it plays through them and doesn't see that there are two different devices.

I have never heard of this problem before and really don't know how to fix it. It just recognized both devices as the same thing, even though they are plugged into different ports.

Solution
Update your HDMI audio drivers. This can can from the Realtek website, AMD HDMI audio, nVIDIA HDMI audio, etc. This is in case the TV audio device is causing problems. Now, update your device drivers with the latest from the manufacturer. Windows 10 has known issues with drivers that are out of date, including audio devices disappearing, not working, and in your case being combined as one and not showing up correctly. If this fails to resolve the situation, you may want to check your audio manager software. There is often a setting that ties up similar input jacks as one device. You should uncheck this.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Update your HDMI audio drivers. This can can from the Realtek website, AMD HDMI audio, nVIDIA HDMI audio, etc. This is in case the TV audio device is causing problems. Now, update your device drivers with the latest from the manufacturer. Windows 10 has known issues with drivers that are out of date, including audio devices disappearing, not working, and in your case being combined as one and not showing up correctly. If this fails to resolve the situation, you may want to check your audio manager software. There is often a setting that ties up similar input jacks as one device. You should uncheck this.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS