I'd like to know why my thread got removed?

miggtt699

Distinguished
Why did my thread get removed? I wasn't disrespecting anyone, flamebaiting, clearly asking for help on the right section so, what gives?

Original thread name "Help with my "upgrade" "

I asked if I'd be good with Sata III on the Marvell controler using an X58 chipset, and that's what I was looking for in the storage section, how did this not comply with the forum's Rule of conduct?

I'd like some explanation because this is really out of the blue and I'd like to know what I was doing so wrong to have my thread removed.

Solution

miggtt699

Distinguished

Wah? I'm pretty sure I made one thread and one thread only...?

Okay? This is very, very confusing. I swear I only had one thread.

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014

I'd imagine that would take up a looot of server performance. Especially considering the occasional hick ups or people just placing bots asking the same or advertisment questions, it'd probably put an unnecessary load on the servers.

miggtt699

Distinguished

645a83942f2ea55246210482e92b2c09.png

This is all I got.

randomizer

Champion

We already have the automated PMs, they just don't provide the reason for removal, which is why we get these sorts of threads. We'd probably get fewer threads if people were not informed about the deletion at all. Alas, we have the worst of both worlds.

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014

Because tom needs the extra space for other activities?

USAFRet

Titan

Duplicate threads, through no fault of your own, are very, very common.
I was the person who deleted the duplicate.

McHenryB

Admirable

Sorry! I realize how difficult it is to get anything changed on this site.

miggtt699

Distinguished

This was very confusing, I've been on here for a good amount of time and know how things work, out of nowhere I get my thread removed?

I sure hope this doesn't bring me down in anyway in the forum because I can swear I didn't double post or if it happened it certainly wasn't with the intention of doing so, I've made the original post back in the 4th of this month, this was really random, I was pretty sure there was only one post, I didn't even get notifications for anything related to another similar post or anything.

McHenryB

Admirable

Another one for the wishlist (I expect it's already there).

As you say, duplicate threads are very common and (I can say from experience) very easy to do, especially when the site is being slow in responding. This is something that is very easy to avoid - other sites that I use just won't allow identical duplicate posts. It's not that difficult to avoid (although I don't underestimate the difficulty of the politics involved).

USAFRet

Titan

No, it's not a strike against you in any way. As said, it happens.
We see dozens (if not more) of duplicates daily. Delete one to prevent confusion.
If they both have valid replies before we see the duplicates, close one and provide a link to the other one.

It was not your fault. Don't worry.

Solution

miggtt699

Distinguished

Alright, thanks c: