account creation kills your current post: beware

Teagan Johner

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
When I was prompted to create an account for this forum to be able to submit my post it was deleted and lost. Was a little frustrating, consider opening the account creation in a new tab to avoid this happening in the future?

popatim

Titan
Welcome to Toms. Anytime you type more than a few sentences you need to highlight the whole thing and copy it to your clipboard before submitting; I dont care what site your on. I dont know any that wont time out your session after an hour, some sites are 5 minutes. LoL
Its just a smarter way to work on the web unless you enjoy retyping everything.

its a known issue that the create an account prompt doesnt save the information you were writing.

unfortunately at this time copying before clicking submit is the best way to safegaurd against that and miscellaneous errors.

there is nothing we can do to pull the information you had written and hand it to you - or we would have done it.

this glitch has also been noted in the past and submitted to the devs for fixing - although that tends to be a slow process.

other than suggesting you copy the text, there really is not much we can say besides acknowledging the issue and noting a workaround.