cant run windows 8.1 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwar91x

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
i have had windows 10 installed on m,y pc since july 30ish....and ever since i upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 the pc has been locking up every time i try to do anything...something as simple as opening my documents causes the pc to use 100% disk too the point i have to reset......i was hoping i could install windows 8.1 since i still have the key by using the upgrade assistant but when i tried to run it it said "this system is unsupported"

and i have tried everything i could think of to fix the 100% disk issue nothing has worked

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Solution
i believe i found the culprit that wasn't letting me install windows 8.1 there was a setting in my bios that disabled or enabled the support for windows 8.1....yeah stupid i no...but it dont matter now my hard drives have failed duz of windows 10...... lol

xwar91x

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

i tried to do a reset which gives u the choice of a clean install or keeping ur files........it said unable to reset you system so it shut off
and no i used windows 8.1 update or upgrade assistant whatever its called to upgrade originally from windows 7 hp sp1 i believe

xwar91x

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
i believe i found the culprit that wasn't letting me install windows 8.1 there was a setting in my bios that disabled or enabled the support for windows 8.1....yeah stupid i no...but it dont matter now my hard drives have failed duz of windows 10...... lol

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.