Automatic Maintenance is causing computer to restart when idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckle490

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
This started last week, after the power flickered a few times during a storm while I was on my computer. I began to notice that when I would take longer than a 10-15 minute break and leave my computer idle I would come back to the sign in screen.

I tested all my hardware and everything seems perfectly fine. I manually ran automatic maintenance and my PC restarted shortly after. I assume that when automatic maintenance would run while my computer was idle it would cause my pc to restart.

The question is, how can I disable automatic maintenance? I looked in task scheduler but there is nothing under Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > Task Scheduler. How can i disable automatic maintenance on Windows 10? Are there any other solutions? Thank you for any help.

Solution
In Start, type "Gpedit" and select the first option. Navigate to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update. Double click on "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations." Select "Enabled" and click "OK."

Slashgeek

Admirable
In Start, type "Gpedit" and select the first option. Navigate to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update. Double click on "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations." Select "Enabled" and click "OK."

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.