Bios Constantly Crash

secretalien51

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
Hello, I own a MSI X99S ACK. I purchased a total of three of these motherboard. One had to be return because it was apparently used, and the RAM slot was broken. The one I am using, bios A, crashes pretty often. Since I started to use the motherboard it have crashed twice now. I know how to recover the bios, but I'm trying to figure out what is the root problem. Should I send it back to the manufacturer to figure out what is causing the bios to crash? Or should I just ask for a replacement? Since it is still under warranty.

Whenever the bios crash I always get post code stuck at 00 or 04. It crashed just earlier after a reboot. If my memory is correct it crashed after a reboot the last time as well. Could it be caused by an error in the power cycle that causes the crash?

secretalien51

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
It seems to have gotten worse the motherboard now won't boot past post. It's giving the code 04 and nothing else. I got it to temporary boot but now it crashed again. 04 is suppose to be either cpu or motherboard. But I'm not sure which. I'm pretty sure it might be the mobo because the ram slot fails to read dual load method. I'm not sure anymore what's wrong I might have to rma the board if it isn't fix soon. I will have to have another mobo to test the cpu.

TRENDING THREADS