Old x86 Processor Design Flaw Vulnerability Disclosed At Black Hat: What You Need To Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice drive-by slam of AMD (rolling eyes). Try doing some actual reporting next time, and avoid your obvious bias.

The deterioration of THG continues ...

I'm sorry I missed the AMD dive-by perhaps you could spell it out for us non-conspiracy people. Was it the:
it is somewhat comforting to know that AMD is at least apparently aware of and working on the potential problem
or is it the?
hopefully AMD will address this issue soon and have a plan to patch any affected products

Yep your right what blatant slam of AMD how do these people sleep at night!

This isn't nearly as big a deal. In order to do this exploit you already need root level privileges, which means you can already do all that bad stuff. At least Tom's isn't getting too sensational with it.

a1r

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Wonder when OEMs will start to be held legally liable for not patching or issuing workaround advice for their products when they've been notified of security problems, after a suitable time for addressing the problem and releasing said information. In my mind as a computer tech, that's long past over due.

BG-52

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Read the article, read the article again, still a lot of it went over my head. From what I understand this newly discovered exploit only affects processors based on x86 technology, which I assumed everyone has evolved past.

Status
Not open for further replies.