Windows 10 changing desktop background

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrita

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
I have several computers and want different desktop background pictures for each. Never been a problem until I upgraded one computer to Windows 10. Now, Windows keeps changing the wallpaper so all my computers have the same desktop background picture. Any idea how to prevent this?

Solution
33y6y5h.jpg

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
darkbreeze, thanks again for antoher solution to problems with windows 10.I've noticed that one of my desktops has the windows 7 background from before the upgrade, while with one of my laptops(HP business notebook)I was able to pick the scene I wanted,while with the Lenovo latop,i wasn't given a choice, or maybe I should wait and see if Microsoft adds it, as an update.

You can choose any desktop background you want. Right click on the desktop, select Personalize, scroll down and click browse and select any image on your computer, or download a custom desktop background or image first, then browse to it and select it. No different really than in previous versions.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

darkbreeze; thank you so much for your solution. I thought that I would be stuck with the eerie black background, until someone mentioned to go to personalization in settings, and choose the background you wanted. then for the heck of it,I right clicked on the deksktop and picked each background. the next thing I knew the background turned into a slide show. haha
I went back to personalization and chose the one background I wanted, and then lightened it a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.