Can I get original freecell back for windows 10?

lbw32

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
I recently downloaded windows 10 and lost freecell. (version I had on windows 7). Can I get it back?

Slashgeek

Admirable
Microsoft Solitaire Collection is available pre-installed on Windows 10, and it includes Freecell among its list of card games. While boasting improved visuals, this version is ad-supported, and will occasionally display video ads 15 or 30 seconds in length, unless you pay for a $1.49 monthlong subscription, or a $9.99 yearlong subscription.

JonnyMBlack

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
I had windows 7, I backed up all my stuff, I got a new Dell with windows 8, upgraded to 10 and my freecell wouldn't work. i FINALLY found this link. It is a link to download windows games for windows 10. I already tried it. Freecell will let me choose game, the works. It is the old W7 version. YA!

http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1836

just click on the link that says, "Download windows 7 games for windows 10, windows 8 and 8.1" That's it.

Chow?

dougsap

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016

Thanks Jonny! I upgraded my parent's PC from Windows 7 to 10 and then realized FreeCell was not there.. Although the file took a couple of hours to download on my parents slow (AT&T DSL) connection. It was the perfect solution and my mother was thrilled to get back here cumulative statistics (about 4000 games played with only a single loss).. Thanks again.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i love this pack but everyone should be aware that the july "redstone" update will make these games not work just like the ones you copied form win 7.

works great for now but as an insider we see the windows updates a long time before they go to the public and sadly, a couple builds ago (the first "redstone" build we saw) the games stopped working. have not figured out to get them working again yet.

so enjoy them while they last cause in july, when the update hits, they'll actually be uninstalled for you (nice of MS to do this) and not work when reinstalled.

When Windows 8 came out several years ago, I bought Solsuite from TreeCardGames for $10. It has 590 card games including Freecell, Klondike, Spider Solitaire. I like it better than the ones that were in 7 and earlier. It has no ads and it's a one time purchase. It works on all my PCs running with Vista, 7, 8.1, and 10, including the Insider version of 10.

Good luck.

rosalyre

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

Yes, we know. It's hideous. No one wants it. Why would anyone want that? Ever? UGH.

rosalyre

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
Why is Microsoft so hell-bent on depriving us of Freecell? It seems like all the time and energy they could be devoting to improving the operating system, they instead invest in TAKING AWAY FREECELL. I think they must have a FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE Department that works 24/7 to ensure that anything we like is replaced with a pile of junk that no one wants.