3 monitor setup with different monitors

custom Pc Gamer

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hello community, I have a question that I could not figure out the answer to myself. Here is the scenario. I have SLI 980's and an ROG swift monitor. Due to the cost of the ROG I cannot afford to buy two more for a surround setup.

The question is this, what other monitor can I buy, that will have the same resolution and bezel size to make this work? I'm not too concerned about the refresh rate because the other two monitors will mainly be used as a peripheral function. Basically, I want my ROG as the center, and I need two other panels for left and right, that are the same dimensions and resolution.

Thoughts? I look forward to some awesome ideas from the community. Thanks in advance.

i dont know much about choosing a monitor, however, any monitor with the correct connection to your gpu will work regardless of refresh rate and resolution. keep in mind that different types of cables handle different types of refresh rates at different resolutions. if you are getting two 144hz monitors make sure you are using display port.

yea if he is playing games on all 3 screens surround then you are right. i meant they would work at different resolutions in desktop mode. im not sure he mentioned playing games on all 3. also, if you dont have the same bezel size it will be fine but it may be annoying to look at and hard to control switching your mouse to the other screens during gameplay. Probably wouldnt recommend different size monitors in games.

He does mention surround setup and the side two monitors will be for peripheral function so he does not care about high refresh rates, I gave him the list of monitors that are the same resolution and same size (27 inch) waiting on his budget before i suggest any models.

OP you really shouldn't worry about matching the bezel size, you should just be looking for the smallest bezels that you can find in your price range.

custom Pc Gamer

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Thanks Derza. I will be gaming so the refresh isn't too important, but resolution MUST be the max like the ROG. Mainly concerned about dimensions, and resolution. I'll check the part picker link and see what I can find. I'll vote up best answer after I find a pair that works.

Latest posts