Solved

How to choose between wallpapers in the themes in Windows 10

Hello,
When I installed Windows 10 I noticed something strange... When I tried to personalize and choose some theme for my laptop I saw that I can't choose for example only one wallpaper from the theme... I can have all of the wallpapers on slide, or just random wallpaper from my computer. Does anybody knows how to fix that ? I want to be able to choose only one wallpaper from the themes. Thank you in advance! :??:
25 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choose wallpapers themes windows
  1. Best answer
    in Settings, Personalization, then Background: Go to the background section just under the demo screen, select slideshow from the menu then pick the folder you desire to have as your wallpaper.
  2. Yes, but I don't want a folder with my photos, but to make just one of the wallpapers which is in the theme (windows themes ) to be wallpaper. The new thing in Windows 10 is obviously you can have a slideshow from the wallpapers from the themes, but you can't choose your favorite wallpapers from that theme from which to make slideshow like it was in windows 7 or 8... This is really strange, because for example in most themes I don't like all the wallpapers, I want to choose which to be in the slide or not, or just to pick one of the wallpapers for example. :( This is what I'm talking about
    http://s15.postimg.org/j96h3kfxn/theme6.png
  3. As you can see on the screenshot you provided, all those wallpapers have a check mark in the upper left corner.
    You may uncheck these boxes for the wallpapers you do not want to see in the slideshow.

    E.g.
    If you want only the first 3 wallpapers in the slideshow, you must uncheck all the others first.

    Afterwards you'll notice that Windows will cycle between the ones you have selected.
  4. I don't have this function in my windows 10 :) This is what I mean :)

    http://s3.postimg.org/ixlttq0g3/Screenshot_2.png
  5. Well, I suppose you could always delete or move the wallpapers you do not want to use.
    I guess the system will then 'skip' those files and won't display them in the theme screen.

    Here's answer from another forum, the original poster had the same issue as you.
    Can you see if this works?

    It should be the first reply to the thread.

    [urlExt=http://www.tenforums.com/customization/9998-cannot-change-windows-10-themes.html]Link to Tenforums.com[/urlExt]

    In short, the poster asked the OP to delete the wallpapers they did not want.
    You could also just move the pictures elsewhere in case you want them for later, I think.
  6. How to delete or move wallpapers from winos themes when I even don't know where is their location. For the main themes the location is windows/web but what for the themes we download from the website of Microsoft? Sorry, but the link you gave me, doesn't work ... :( If I knew where to find the location of the downloaded themes the problem will be fixed, but obviously is some kind of the decision from Microsoft to remove that... :/
  7. Now if you want to get to the themes section like in windows 7 and 8 then this is what you do:

    Go to settings, Personalization, Themes, Theme settings.
  8. TechyInAZ said:
    Now if you want to get to the themes section like in windows 7 and 8 then this is what you do:

    Go to settings, Personalization, Themes, Theme settings.


    Did you saw my second screenshot ? :( 1-st screenshot is from the web and 2-nd is from my laptop. In theme settings I don't have any customization settings I can only choose theme, but can't choose from example like on the firs screenshot. I just don't have this settings they are missing. In win7 they are after themes at the bottom, but in my win 10 they are missing... o.0 I don't know if it's problem only for me or it's with win10 and it's Microsoft decision... :/
  9. jointgirl said:
    TechyInAZ said:
    Now if you want to get to the themes section like in windows 7 and 8 then this is what you do:

    Go to settings, Personalization, Themes, Theme settings.


    Did you saw my second screenshot ? :( 1-st screenshot is from the web and 2-nd is from my laptop. In theme settings I don't have any customization settings I can only choose theme, but can't choose from example like on the firs screenshot. I just don't have this settings they are missing. In win7 they are after themes at the bottom, but in my win 10 they are missing... o.0 I don't know if it's problem only for me or it's with win10 and it's Microsoft decision... :/



    Sorry, no I didn't see it because I cannot get to the site.

    You'll have to wait until Microsoft adds that to windows 10. If you didn't know, windows 10 is going to be a service from now on. So it's not 100% complete unlike windows 7 and 8.
  10. Oh, but the question is "Are they going to add it or they just decided to completely remove it". I can't find information anywhere for this from Microsoft. Obviously is their decision, but if it's permanent decision, it's not good. But yes, may be we all need to wait and to see what we will have with the updates, may be they will put back the missing parts.
  11. jointgirl said:
    Oh, but the question is "Are they going to add it or they just decided to completely remove it". I can't find information anywhere for this from Microsoft. Obviously is their decision, but if it's permanent decision, it's not good. But yes, may be we all need to wait and to see what we will have with the updates, may be they will put back the missing parts.


    I'm a windows insider and I have heard nothing about this so far. But keep in mind, windows 10 is still EXTREMELY new so we all need to wait at least 2 months or more before were really happy with windows 10.
  12. Then we will wait and see what will happen :P Thank you again for al of the information!
  13. 1. go to the cortana bar and paste in this %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

    2. go to that folder and choose whichever theme has the background(s) you want.

    3. go to DesktopBackground

    4. COPY the background you want and Paste into a sub folder in the pictures folder.

    5. repeat step 4 for each individual picture you want in your slideshow.

    6. go to the desktop and right click to get to Personalization. under background choose either slideshow or picture and browse for your folder.

    You can then customize your color profile as you would like.
  14. jointgirl said:
    Yes, but I don't want a folder with my photos, but to make just one of the wallpapers which is in the theme (windows themes ) to be wallpaper. The new thing in Windows 10 is obviously you can have a slideshow from the wallpapers from the themes, but you can't choose your favorite wallpapers from that theme from which to make slideshow like it was in windows 7 or 8... This is really strange, because for example in most themes I don't like all the wallpapers, I want to choose which to be in the slide or not, or just to pick one of the wallpapers for example. :( This is what I'm talking about
    http://s15.postimg.org/j96h3kfxn/theme6.png


    You have to create a folder and copy all the images from the themes that you want to use, and then choose that same folder to make your slideshow.

    The images in my PC are stored here: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
  15. MadcapTangent said:
    1. go to the cortana bar and paste in this %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

    2. go to that folder and choose whichever theme has the background(s) you want.

    3. go to DesktopBackground

    4. COPY the background you want and Paste into a sub folder in the pictures folder.

    5. repeat step 4 for each individual picture you want in your slideshow.

    6. go to the desktop and right click to get to Personalization. under background choose either slideshow or picture and browse for your folder.

    You can then customize your color profile as you would like.

    Great. it works very well.
  16. jointgirl said:
    Then we will wait and see what will happen :P Thank you again for al of the information!

    hi i just wanted to tell that there an option if u press right mouse button there will be next deskyop beackground just it and make the theme for 1 day and after 1 day just change it back thats iall i did for now
  17. The classic Background page has been hidden in Windows 10, and might be eventually removed. You can still access it by typing:
    control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
    (in the Run dialog. Note: WinKey + R opens the Run dialog)

    And here are a couple of tweaks that add classic background and color settings page to Control Panel, for easy access.
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/add-classic-page-wallpaper-colorization-control-panel/
  18. jointgirl said:
    Yes, but I don't want a folder with my photos, but to make just one of the wallpapers which is in the theme (windows themes ) to be wallpaper. The new thing in Windows 10 is obviously you can have a slideshow from the wallpapers from the themes, but you can't choose your favorite wallpapers from that theme from which to make slideshow like it was in windows 7 or 8... This is really strange, because for example in most themes I don't like all the wallpapers, I want to choose which to be in the slide or not, or just to pick one of the wallpapers for example. :( This is what I'm talking about
    http://s15.postimg.org/j96h3kfxn/theme6.png


    The above solution worked for me
  19. Corvunix said:
    As you can see on the screenshot you provided, all those wallpapers have a check mark in the upper left corner.
    You may uncheck these boxes for the wallpapers you do not want to see in the slideshow.

    E.g.
    If you want only the first 3 wallpapers in the slideshow, you must uncheck all the others first.

    Afterwards you'll notice that Windows will cycle between the ones you have selected.


    How do I get to that page so I can check or uncheck wallpapers???

    Email Deleted

    Mod: Please do not add your email to your comments.
  20. Maybe this will help you (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\) except you will have to delete each jpg file that you do not want in your slide show. If you just want one photo, move that photo from the specific theme folder to your own folder here: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Jointgirl Wallpapers
  21. jointgirl said:
    Hello,
    When I installed Windows 10 I noticed something strange... When I tried to personalize and choose some theme for my laptop I saw that I can't choose for example only one wallpaper from the theme... I can have all of the wallpapers on slide, or just random wallpaper from my computer. Does anybody knows how to fix that ? I want to be able to choose only one wallpaper from the themes. Thank you in advance! :??:


    jointgirl said:
    Yes, but I don't want a folder with my photos, but to make just one of the wallpapers which is in the theme (windows themes ) to be wallpaper. The new thing in Windows 10 is obviously you can have a slideshow from the wallpapers from the themes, but you can't choose your favorite wallpapers from that theme from which to make slideshow like it was in windows 7 or 8... This is really strange, because for example in most themes I don't like all the wallpapers, I want to choose which to be in the slide or not, or just to pick one of the wallpapers for example. :( This is what I'm talking about
    http://s15.postimg.org/j96h3kfxn/theme6.png



    So you can get to the page where you can choose the pics to untick like jointgirl's screenshot. Change to the Theme in question. (I think you have to do this or they don't show in the following menu)

    To access the classic Desktop Background page, run this command: (press windows key+R to get run box and copy and paste the following in then press enter or click OK)

    control.exe /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

    Then you can click on the Picture Location: drop down menu for location of pics, choose: Windows Desktop Backgrounds and when you click on a pic the little square is there that you can tick.

    Color and Appearance can be launched using this command:

    control.exe /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageColorization

    not my tips, found them on http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/add-classic-page-wallpaper-colorization-control-panel/
  22. TechyInAZ said:
    Now if you want to get to the themes section like in windows 7 and 8 then this is what you do:

    Go to settings, Personalization, Themes, Theme settings.


    To chime in, I want to be able to click on the theme I've chosen to open it up and just choose only the pictures I want to see, just like in Win 7. Following this path alone won't let me do that, all it does is take me back o the settings screen.
    To recap, in Win 7 you could just click on the desktop background you've chosen and it would open up to show all the pictures in that theme with check boxes. There you could just uncheck the images you don't want. I don't see this in Win 10 following the path you've shown. How can I do THAT?
  23. MadcapTangent said:
    1. go to the cortana bar and paste in this %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

    2. go to that folder and choose whichever theme has the background(s) you want.

    3. go to DesktopBackground

    4. COPY the background you want and Paste into a sub folder in the pictures folder.

    5. repeat step 4 for each individual picture you want in your slideshow.

    6. go to the desktop and right click to get to Personalization. under background choose either slideshow or picture and browse for your folder.

    You can then customize your color profile as you would like.
  24. Best answer definitely.. thanks
  25. jointgirl said:
    Then we will wait and see what will happen :P Thank you again for al of the information!


    I've had the exact same problem in Windows 10 and I haven't been able to get anybody to really understand the problem either. This is very frustrating. Please let me know if you find the solution to this problem. Good luck to both of us.
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Wallpaper