Windows sleeps only once after startup, then can't sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustABlueJay

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
Hi, I had installed Windows 10 for over a week now. The issue of windows not sleeping after sleeping once after startup from a shutdown has been going on for a couple of days.
I've been through many of the power options that deal with what devices wake up the computer, and I have turned them all off at one point which did not help, Windows 10 still refused to sleep properly after sleeping once.
I've went to power options and made sure that the sleep button makes the computer sleep, but it still refuses to sleep after it slept once.
I'm really unsure where to solve this, and I don't think anyone has addressed this issue with Windows 10 yet. Perhaps this is a bug?

Solution
Hibernation is a notoriously buggy feature especially in upgrade installations from older versions of Windows to Windows 10. This also includes how badly it affects sleep mode in the form of "hybrid sleep." To turn off all hibernation-related services, open up an elevated Command Prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter the command

powercfg -h off

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hibernation is a notoriously buggy feature especially in upgrade installations from older versions of Windows to Windows 10. This also includes how badly it affects sleep mode in the form of "hybrid sleep." To turn off all hibernation-related services, open up an elevated Command Prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter the command

powercfg -h off

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS