need confirmation on this

Sheerio

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
I've recently updated to windows 10. its a great OS however, ever since the update every once in awhile my computer will restart itself while in game. I have read all over its windows 10 that restarts itself without any knowledge, as I had windows 7 before this and it never did this. Really I just want confirmation that its happening to others or is my computer starting to fail? I have a DDR2 Motherboard with 6 gigs of ram my GPU is a AMD Radeon 7700HD Processor is a Intel Core Duo I have a 600 watt psu. I'm very average and still learning about computers. in the end should I start looking for a new computer or is this on microsfts end?

Thank you all I have been coming to this site for many of my computer needs

Solution
If you decide a Google search will take too much time (being facetious here), you can change the setting in Settings -> Update & Security ->Advanced Options. The very first box under "Choose how updates are installed" is the selection box you're looking for. Change "Automatic (recommended)" to "Notify to schedule restart"

jvjakesta

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
More than likely I would guess required updates would be the cause. Updates can be going on in the background without your notice, and without hesitation, will restart your computer to finish updating. I believe there's a way to stop your computer from restarting after an update happens, but I don't have the necessary information off-hand. A google search should help you out.

MrTuRtLe03

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
If you decide a Google search will take too much time (being facetious here), you can change the setting in Settings -> Update & Security ->Advanced Options. The very first box under "Choose how updates are installed" is the selection box you're looking for. Change "Automatic (recommended)" to "Notify to schedule restart"

Solution

DoctorHerobrine

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

I'm actually having the same issue, playing Garry's Mod makes my computer restart itself. It's because your computer is crashing. The Intel Core Duo is possibly the reason why you are having issues.

You should install a program called Speccy and it will tell you what your CPU temperature is. You can download it here:
Piriform Speccy: http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy
Virustotal (its safe): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d929ad0dcc4389a056adeb757f913f236c45d52f05dab9a1e7d59771b04f49e6/analysis/

Sheerio

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

alright thanks for the help, I'll update everyone on it later on. again thank you for confirming this