Sign in with
Your question

AMD PHENOM II X6 2.8GHz 60+°C

Last response: in CPUs
June 30, 2011 5:12:28 PM

Have a bIg problem of temprature here, guyz can u pls. help me out.

All of the Components of my system are always hot &temprature goes upto 60°C
i DOnt know what to do, it affects adversly on performence.
Due to which my PC is very slow.

i Have :-
  1. AMD PHENOM II X6 2.8GHz
  2. GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD 880-GM-UD2H
  3. 4GB DDR3 KINGSTON DUAL-CHANNEL RAM
  4. 500GB WDC HDD
  5. WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BiT.

Due to this temp, it is not even getting to its half the potential & just fuckin crazy slow.

i Have one BiG 120mm fan {there is only 1fan space}, a good Heat Sink which comes with the processor & one side of my CPU is alwayz open to pass some amount of air

So pls. guyz tell me what else is there

More about : amd phenom 8ghz

a c 81 à CPUs
June 30, 2011 5:25:54 PM

Firstly, please maintain language integrity and refrain from using slang language.

Now, Are those temps under load or at idle? Does your case has a proper airflow structure? What's your ambient/room temperature? Which software did you use to note those temps?
m
l
June 30, 2011 5:29:26 PM

Quote:
is this when the CPU is idle? did you apply thermal paste properly? have you tried running some Prime95 tests and recording temps?

i Havent tried running any Tests. {wch test are u talkin 'bout cn u tell me}
The idle temprature mostly is around 50-55C & most of the time it gets to 60
m
l
Related resources
June 30, 2011 5:32:08 PM

Emperus said:
Firstly, please maintain language integrity and refrain from using slang language.

Now, Are those temps under load or at idle? Does your case has a proper airflow structure? What's your ambient/room temperature? Which software did you use to note those temps?

ohhk .... my bad ..... m sorry a'bout language

The idle temprature mostly is around 50-55C & most of the time it gets to 60
My case has 1 120mm fan & its open so that air can pass easily.
i Used SPECCY to measure temprature {do u have anyOther better software then pls. tell me.}
My room temprature is around 30C
m
l
a c 81 à CPUs
June 30, 2011 6:02:08 PM

Am no expert but those temps are ok considering a 30C room temperature and a stock cooler. Keeping the case door open does not helps. Better to get a new case with improved airflow. An Antec 300 illusion will be a good choice. Alternatively or additionaly, get a good aftermarket cooler and some good thermal paste. Some other temperature monitoring softwares are AMD overdrive, HWMonitor, core temp.
m
l
June 30, 2011 7:38:36 PM

Normal idle temps for AMD 6x with the stock cooler properly installed in a case with decent airflow should hover around 30C in a warm room. (26C to 27C) Your idle temps are a bit high. If there is no room for more case fans you should consider getting a better case. At minimum, a case should have a large (120mm or larger) fan in the lower front, a large fan in the upper back and a large fan in the top.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
June 30, 2011 9:05:04 PM

Way too high, get a new case with an intake at the front, an exhaust at back and top and a Hyper212+ heatsink.
m
l
a c 83 à CPUs
July 1, 2011 5:57:25 AM

Even with high ambient temps, a stock cooler shouldn't be 30c higher. I don't think the cooler is on correctly.
m
l
July 1, 2011 6:15:16 AM

Or the thermal paste needs to be re applied.
m
l
!