AMD PHENOM II X6 2.8GHz 60+°C

Have a bIg problem of temprature here, guyz can u pls. help me out.

All of the Components of my system are always hot &temprature goes upto 60°C
i DOnt know what to do, it affects adversly on performence.
Due to which my PC is very slow.

i Have :-
[cpp]AMD PHENOM II X6 2.8GHz
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD 880-GM-UD2H
4GB DDR3 KINGSTON DUAL-CHANNEL RAM
500GB WDC HDD
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BiT.[/cpp]

Due to this temp, it is not even getting to its half the potential & just fuckin crazy slow.

i Have one BiG 120mm fan {there is only 1fan space}, a good Heat Sink which comes with the processor & one side of my CPU is alwayz open to pass some amount of air

So pls. guyz tell me what else is there
9 answers Last reply
More about amd phenom 8ghz
  1. Firstly, please maintain language integrity and refrain from using slang language.

Now, Are those temps under load or at idle? Does your case has a proper airflow structure? What's your ambient/room temperature? Which software did you use to note those temps?
  2. Quote:
    is this when the CPU is idle? did you apply thermal paste properly? have you tried running some Prime95 tests and recording temps?

i Havent tried running any Tests. {wch test are u talkin 'bout cn u tell me}
    The idle temprature mostly is around 50-55C & most of the time it gets to 60
  3. Emperus said:
    Firstly, please maintain language integrity and refrain from using slang language.

Now, Are those temps under load or at idle? Does your case has a proper airflow structure? What's your ambient/room temperature? Which software did you use to note those temps?

ohhk .... my bad ..... m sorry a'bout language

The idle temprature mostly is around 50-55C & most of the time it gets to 60
    My case has 1 120mm fan & its open so that air can pass easily.
    i Used SPECCY to measure temprature {do u have anyOther better software then pls. tell me.}
    My room temprature is around 30C
  4. Am no expert but those temps are ok considering a 30C room temperature and a stock cooler. Keeping the case door open does not helps. Better to get a new case with improved airflow. An Antec 300 illusion will be a good choice. Alternatively or additionaly, get a good aftermarket cooler and some good thermal paste. Some other temperature monitoring softwares are AMD overdrive, HWMonitor, core temp.
  5. Normal idle temps for AMD 6x with the stock cooler properly installed in a case with decent airflow should hover around 30C in a warm room. (26C to 27C) Your idle temps are a bit high. If there is no room for more case fans you should consider getting a better case. At minimum, a case should have a large (120mm or larger) fan in the lower front, a large fan in the upper back and a large fan in the top.
  6. Way too high, get a new case with an intake at the front, an exhaust at back and top and a Hyper212+ heatsink.
  7. Also get rid of the stock cooler AMD uses. Get a decent after market air cooler
    like this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181011
  8. Even with high ambient temps, a stock cooler shouldn't be 30c higher. I don't think the cooler is on correctly.
  9. Or the thermal paste needs to be re applied.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom Product