Nvidia control panel no option for GPU scaling

May 24, 2015
Hello

I recently got a GTX 750 Ti. I have a VGA 1024x768 monitor.

when i try to play a game at a 16:9 resolution (1280x720 for example) the game is stretched and sometimes part of the game doesn't appear on the screen. on my old geforce 210, it had letterbox and the games looked neat!

I use a DVI-I to VGA cable in order for my monitor to work on the GPU.

I did some searching and people said I have to enable GPU scaling but GPU option isn't there in nvidia control panel. here's how it looks like: http://imgur.com/IBXYypo

pls help

Solution

I can only tell you what I have observed from experience. Last I checked, the Nvidia control panel does not show any options for scaling if you connect via VGA.
May 24, 2015

Then how can I use GPU scaling? The only option I have is Display. GPU doesn't appear for some reason.

That's what I was trying to tell you. Scaling doesn't work on a VGA connection. It will always stretch the image.

May 24, 2015

Then why when I had the Geforce 210 it could do scaling? I was using the same monitor....

I can only tell you what I have observed from experience. Last I checked, the Nvidia control panel does not show any options for scaling if you connect via VGA.

Solution