3 monitors and 2 video cards

Defektorius

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
Hello,

Here is the problem. I've tried to connect 3 monitors with INTEL HD 4400 integrated video card, but it didn't work because I need 2 display ports ( retarded card with 1 display port). whatever.

So solution could be to buy 2nd video card and then connect 3rd monitor ?

If that is, what's the cheapest video card I could buy to make this happen ? I'm not going to play games, so doesn't really matter. PCI or PC-E slot works.

Thank you.

spagalicious

Distinguished
So just to clarify, you would like to connect 2 of the 3 displays using displayport and the remaining one using either HDMI/DVI? The cheapest option I could find on Newegg was the HD 5450 with a Displayport. I would only go with the option if you absolutely have to use 2 displayport cables. Otherwise, pick up the cheapest card you can find with the standard 3 outputs (VGA, HDMI, DVI). Probably the GT 210 if you don't want to buy used.

Here's the 5450 for $60. This will allow you to use 2 displayport panels and one hdmi/dvi.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129154&cm_re=hd_5450-_-14-129-154-_-Product

Grab the cheapest GT 210 you can find if you are willing to use 1 displayport with both HDMI and DVI.

Before you do any purchasing, you will need to go into your BIOS settings and change your integrated graphics device setting to "Always Enable". This will allow you to use both the integrated graphics and external PCI card to extend your displays in windows. Here's a link about that process.
https://communities.intel.com/thread/42192

Hopefully this helps you out.

Defektorius

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
Does every motherboard have that function to always enable integrated graphics ? Because I didn't see that option in my BIOS. my motherboard model is Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3

Defektorius

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
In my bios options, there is initial display output and option one IGFX Sets the onboard graphics as the first display. Is it the same as "ntegrated graphics device setting to "Always Enable". ???