Windows 10 Keeps Resetting My Nvidia Color Settings - PLEASE HELP

sierra419

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
Despite having my monitor calibrated to the best of it's ability, BenQ monitors aren't known for their color. I've always used Nvidia control panel to adjust gamma, brightness, and color. These settings have always stayed the same, never changed, and applied to all applications. I've never had a problem until now. Now that I've upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and migrated from an HDD to an SSD, my color profile loads and instantly resets at startup and keeps resetting every time I run a game. I've never had this issue in my years of windows 7. Now all of sudden if I want to play a game it has to look like crap. Even if I alt+tab out of the game, go to Nvidia color settings and set my colors, and alt+tab back into the game - it instantly resets every time. Someone PLEASE HELP ME! I've spent hours trying to figure this out and have gotten no where.

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Nvidia is known not to play well with Win 10. Either get the latest driver from Nvidia, or try going back in the revision line one by one until you find one that works and do a clean install of it.

Bill

Dwayne63

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016

Dwayne63

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Same persistent problem here. I am using the latest NVidia drivers. Having shoved Windows 10 down our collective throats, why can't someone from Windows post a simple solution?