Upgrading to Win10, should i be conernced for Motherboard Chipset and other related drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Good evening.

Have just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and now proceeding to fresh install via USB using the media creation tool.

Would like to know after i fresh install Win10, do i need to worry about Chipset, mass storage controller drivers etc, pretty much all the important stuff for the motherboard found on the driver CD it came with for Win7. There aren't any Win10 driver versions from Asus for my mobo so im hoping Win10 will handle it, or maybe Win10 accepting Win7 drivers if that's possible.

System specs;

i7 2600k
Asus p8p67Delux
16GB memory
GTX780
HX750w
1TB Samsung SSD
1TB HDD storage

Cheers.

Solution
You won't need any manufacturer-specific drivers. I'm fairly certain that if your system could not be transitioned to Win10, then the installer would not let you. Given the diversity of Windows' kernel, that is highly unlikely

ESPclipse

Reputable
May 27, 2014
You won't need any manufacturer-specific drivers. I'm fairly certain that if your system could not be transitioned to Win10, then the installer would not let you. Given the diversity of Windows' kernel, that is highly unlikely

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Yea i'm leaning toward Win10 being smart enough to know whats what on the motherboard. Not like Win7, it knows theres something there but not sure what. Install the drivers etc.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.