Your Favorite Gameplay Recording Software

Alethia23

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
Hi there.

I'm looking for a gameplay recording software that I can stick with for a very long time. My first one was fraps and that didn't work out too well because it lagged my gameplay quite often. Used OBS (Open Broadcast Software), it's light but doesn't have enough features in it (screenshots, etc.). I would use Xplit but they don't have a screenshot option... For several months, I've been using Mirillis Action! and the user experience has been satisfying. No lag issues that I have noticed, has great features in it and a sleek interface. I'm wondering if there's a software that is even better than Mirillis Action and why you think it's better than that?

I've been recommended to use Bandicam but it looks to be quite overbudget... Is it really worth it?

Thanks for the help.

PC Specs:

Intel Core i5 4670k
AMD R9 280x
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MrNewb

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
Raptr you have AMD so it should go swimmingly for you. It is free but the features you get ore great. I use the game capture where it will record just the last 5seconds to I think 15 mins of gameplay so like if you do something cool you press f8 and it is there for you to watch forever. It also has screen shot and recording in low and high settings

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Bandicam is a waste of cash has crap quality and i do mean it, as suggested above raptr is great small files sizes and good quality just as good as shadowplay and doesnt use as much resources like other programs(fraps/bandicam) it best it's free

What do you mean OBS doesn't have screenshots?
Windows has screenshots built in to it, the Print Scrn key on your keyboard takes a screenshot and copies it to your clipboard.
No one uses video recording software to take screenshots anyways.
And you know OBS has plugins you can get right? Have you checked those out?

Alethia23

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014

Using Print Screen and pasting it on to paint doesn't capture the full screen window. I'm looking for a video recording software that can record videos with ease (no lag, good UI), live sream and that can take screenshots too. I haven't looked into the plugins for OBS yet.